Meze Audio 99 Classics Closed Back Headphone (Apos Certified)
In 2015, the 99 Classics put a small Romanian audio company on the map. Since then, these closed-back, over-the-ear headphones have racked up awards and glowing reviews, and have vaulted Meze Audio to audiophile stardom.
As closed-back headphones, they provide a natural seal around your ears that blocks out ambient noise. They won’t block out as much noise as noise-cancelling headphones but much more than open-back headphones. They’re light enough for hours of comfortable listening.
Meze is committed to sustainable practices. They make each ear cup from mature trees that have reached the end of their life cycle, thus giving these old trees a second life in the shape of keepsake headphones.
Wood grain, like fingerprints, is unique. The whole process of carving, sanding, lacquering, and hand-finishing the wooden ear cups lasts forty-five days, and each component is carefully inspected for flaws before the final assembly.
Each component was chosen for longevity, from the stamped manganese spring steel headband to the screw assembly. There’s no plastic or gluing involved. These headphones are intended to last a lifetime--and then some.
- Real wood ear cups
- Closed-back design
- Transducer Size: 40mm
- Frequency Response: 15 - 25,000Hz
- Sensitivity: 103dB @ 1KHz, 1mW
- Impedance: 32Ω
- Rated Input Power: 30mW
- Maximum Input Power: 50mW
- Detachable Kevlar OFC cable
- Plug: 3.5mm gold plated
- Weight: 9.2oz (260g) without cables
- Ear-Cups: Walnut or Maple
- Meze Audio 99 Classics Headphone
- Case: Hard EVA carrying pouch
- Cable: 1.2m thread Kevlar OFC with Mic and remote
- Cable: 3m thread Kevlar OFC
- Adapter: 6.3mm gold-plated jack
- Airplane jack adapter
- Cable pouch