iFi ZEN DAC Signature V2
Enjoy an enhanced experience
Just like the original ZEN DAC, the V2’s sole purpose is to feed an external amp, be it a headphone amp, or an amp and speakers. Unlike the original, it has a 16 core XMOS chip instead of 8. This new and improved digital engine is more powerful than ever. iFi has also upgraded the clock circuitry to enhance the purist, audiophile design even further.
Balanced. Blissfully quiet.
The ZEN DAC Signature V2 incorporates boutique parts and circuitry inspired by the £3,000 iFi Pro range. It sports a fully-symmetrical, true differential balanced dual-mono signal stage with direct signal paths to ensure optimal signal purity. The new low jitter crystal clock means >20dB better noise reduction.
A ‘Bit’ special…
The ZEN DAC Signature V2’s digital stage retains its True Native DAC architecture. It delivers Bit-Perfect up to 32-bit/384kHz and native DSD up to DSD256 as well as DXD. The iFi-programmed XMOS chip, which processes data received at the USB input, and jitter-eradicating, audiophile-grade oscillators, contribute to exemplary handling of digital audio signals as they are received, processed and converted to analogu form.
You can trust in accurate, jitter free data transfer from your source device. The USB Type B input is asynchronous, meaning that the data rate is regulated solely by the ZEN DAC Signature V2’s specialized, and now upgraded, audio clock circuitry.
Fixed or variable. You decide.
The outputs of the ZEN DAC Signature V2 can be switched between ‘variable’ and ‘fixed’. Use ‘variable” if you want the ZEN DAC Signature V2 to control the volume of powered speakers or its volume as a preamp. Use ‘fixed’ when you want to use it downstream from equipment with their own volume control. This will bypass the V2 as if there were a “straight wire” from the digital source to the amplifier.
- Upgraded clock circuitry
- Enhances, purist audiophile design
- Fully balanced differential circuitry
- Premium parts selection inspired by iFi Pro range
- Fully-balanced 4.4mm output desktop DAC/preamp
- Simple functionality
- Input: USB3.0 B Socket (USB2.0 compatible)
- PCM (384/352.8/192/176.4/96/88.2/48/44.1kHz)
- DSD (256/128/64), DXD(384/352.8kHz),
- MQA (Decoder)
- DAC: Bit-Perfect DSD & DXD DAC by Burr Brown
- Balanced: 2V-6.2V max. (variable) / 4.2V (fixed)
- Single-ended: 1V-3.3V max. (variable) / 2.1V (fixed)
- <= 200 Ohm
- <= 100 Ohm
- SNR: <-117 dB(A) @ 0dBFS (BAL/SE)
- DNR: >117 dB(A) @ -60dBFS (BAL/SE)
- THD+N: <0.0011% @ 0dBFS (BAL/SE)
- Power consumption
- No Signal ~0.5W
- Max Signal ~2.5W
- 158(w) x 117(d) x 35(h) mm
- 6.2" x 4.6" x 1.4"
- Weight: 505g / 1.11lbs
- iFi Zen DAC Signature V2
- Wall wart
- RCA cable
- USB cable
- User manual
- iFi Warranty
What pairs well
- iFi Zen CAN Signature