With the Mobius, Audeze created the first gaming headset to use planar magnetic drivers. These drivers use magnetic fields to reproduce sound with more speed and accuracy than the dynamic drivers found in most headphones.
Packed with cutting-edge technology like head tracking and 3D sound localization, the Mobius is a great choice for the gamer who wants the very best money can buy.
Audeze partnered with Waves, the world-leading developer of audio DSP, or digital signal processing, technologies and Technical GRAMMY® Award recipient, to fuse their groundbreaking NX technology into Mobius. Mobius is the first headset ever created to provide a truly believable and fully-immersive Surround Sound listening experience capable of processing 5.1 and 7.1 surround audio with Head Tracking and Room Emulation.
Fazor Phase Management
While planar magnetic headphones offer a lot of advantages over dynamic drivers, they also present their own problems. Diffraction of sound off the magnets can cause different frequencies to arrive at different times, resulting in changes of phase. And when sound waves created by multiple magnets collide, wave interference occurs (that’s a bad thing).
Audeze has attempted to solve these problems with a proprietary technology called Fazor Phase Management. Fazors are triangular elements that cap each magnet. They act as guides for the sound, maneuvering waves from the drivers and preventing them from interfering with each other. The result is cleaner sound, greater resolution, and better imaging.
Fluxor Magnet Array
The Fluxor Magnetic Array is Audeze’s proprietary magnetic structure. It’s both lighter and more powerful than the traditional magnet array found in other planar magnetic headphones, resulting in an overall lighter build and increased control over the diaphragm. It’s capable of rendering frequencies from 10 - 50,000Hz with pinpoint accuracy.
Like the Mobius strip for which it’s named, the Audeze Mobius is capable of bending and twisting, although not for the sake of proving a mathematical concept but rather accommodating different sized heads. Memory foam in the headband and ear pads make for a supple and soft fit, while the leatherette ear pad covers provide long-term protection.
- Planar magnetic drivers for audiophile-grade cinematic sound
- Full 3D emulation with support for popular surround sound modes (7.1/5.1)
- 1000 times/second integrated head tracking
- Anatomy calibration to tailor the sound to the user
- Mobius integrates Waves NX technology for real-time onboard 3D processing
- Wired and Wireless Bluetooth Connections
- Compatible with PC, Mac, Gaming Consoles, and Mobile Devices
- Style: Over-ear, closed-circumaural
- Transducer type: Planar Magnetic
- Magnetic structure: Fluxor™ magnet array
- Phase management: Fazor
- Magnet type: Neodymium N50
- Diaphragm type: Ultra-thin Uniforce™
- Transducer size: 100mm
- Maximum SPL: >120dB
- Frequency response: 10 - 50,000Hz
- THD: <0.1% (1 kHz, 1mW)
- Earpads: Contoured memory foam: artificial leather
- Microphone: Detachable with separate volume control
- Battery type: Lithium-polymer
- Wireless Connection: Bluetooth (SBC, AAC, LDAC)
- Wired Connection: USB-C, USB-A, 3.5mm analog audio
- Weight: 12.34oz (350g) (including battery)
- Mobius Headphone
- Detachable Microphone
- USB-C to USB-C cable
- USB-A to USB-C cable
- Analog 3.5mm cable
- Quick Start Guide
- User Guide and Warranty
- Travel Bag