Chord HUGO M Scaler
The Chord Hugo M Scaler uses a unique filter technology to upscale standard 44.1kHz digital audio up to 705.6kHz (16x CD’s 44.1kHz native resolution), ready to be passed to a suitable DAC. With the Chord dual-BNC-input DACs like the Qutest, Hugo 2, Hugo TT 2 and DAVE, the M Scaler extends its upscaling performance to 768kHz (from 96kHz input data).
The Hugo M Scaler’s compact form factor aligns with the TT (Table Top) series and has been designed to be stackable with other units in the range, including the TToby stereo power amp and the Hugo TT 2, to form a highly advanced yet space-saving system. It features a number of illuminable fascia-mounted spherical controls that govern input selection, output sample rate, and video mode for lower latency. The control spheres display data visually including input source and the incoming sample rate, using a polychromatic scale.
- FPGA: Xilinx XC7A200T
- Connectivity (input): 1x Galvanically isolated Type-B USB, 2x Coax BNC and 2x Optical
- Connectivity (output): 1x Galvanically isolated dual BNC (enables upscaling to the maximum 768kHz), 1x BNC S/PDIF and 1x Optical
- PCM support: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 358.8kHz, 384kHz, 705.6 and 768kHz – 16 to 32bit
- Driver support: Driverless with Mac OS X and Linux, driver required for Windows OS
- Filter Tap Length: 1,015,808 WTA taps
- Additional features:
- The most advanced digital filter in the world
- Adjustable sample rate output (with pass-thru mode)
- Video mode (for lower latency)
- Auto video and source selection
- Dimensions: 4cm (H) 23.5cm (W) 23.8cm (D)
- Weight: 2.55kg