Chord Poly Digital Audio Player (DAP)
Chord Poly is a portable streamer and a digital audio player with an unlimited-capacity Micro SD card slot that can house huge libraries and free up storage on smart devices. Full smartphone control using everyday apps enables effortless music playback whether streaming or playing music from the Micro SD.
Poly directly connects to the Mojo DAC and dramatically improves the audio quality of the streamed music. Its advanced design enables everyday devices, including Android and Apple smartphones/tablets, to become portable ‘hi-fi-quality’ digital audio players: the smartphone becomes the controller, with Poly and Mojo doing the high-level audio processing. Poly can also be used with computers and laptops and it can access networked audio stored on NAS drives using popular DLNA apps.
Poly connects to Wi-Fi networks, including mobile hotspots when on the go, and remembers multiple networks with its auto-connect functionality. It also benefits from Bluetooth 4.1, AirPlay and DLNA connectivity, offering uninterrupted music streaming when transitioning from indoors to outdoors. It has a hotspot mode, enabling a connection where devices, networks or countries do not facilitate tethering. Its rechargeable Li-Po batteries offer up to nine hours of playback from a four-hour charge using the device’s fast-charging USB circuit.
Poly is high-resolution audio-compatible, with support for the latest studio-quality files; PCM data up to 768kHz resolution and DSD64 to DSD256 (Quad-DSD). Supported file types include ACC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, OGG VORBIS, ALAC, WMA and MP3.
- Portable streamer/player that combines with Mojo
- Wireless streaming from connected devices at home or on-the-go
- Built-in unlimited-capacity Micro SD card slot for music library storage/playback
- Control via familiar smartphone apps
- Upgrades sound quality from headphones, in-car systems, home audio and more
- Empowers smartphones as ‘hi-fi quality’ portable digital audio players
- Chord Electronics’ award-winning sound quality for streamed and Micro SD music
- Connects via Wi-Fi 2.4GHz (for optimum stability)
- Rechargeable LiPo 2200mAh battery: 9-hour + playtime and fast-charging via USB
- Playback support: Roon, DNLA, AirPlay and Bluetooth 4.1
- Precision-machined aluminium casing with black anodisation, opaque black wireless signal window and silicone feet
- Support for all major file types including: ACC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, OGG VORBIS, ALAC, WMA and MP3
- High-resolution audio-compatible: PCM sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 358.8kHz, 384kHz,717.6kHz and 768kHz; DSD via DoP sample rates: DSD64 – DSD256 (Quad-DSD); DSD from SD card
- Devices supported: iPhone, iPad, Android phones/tablets, Windows and Mac OS X computers and DAPs
- Dimensions: 50mm (L) x 62mm (W) x 22mm (H)
- Over-the-air software updates
- Hotspot mode: Poly can create its own hotspot where networks/devices/countries don’t support tethering
- Integrated Access Point: allows configuration of connected networks (up to 32)
- DLNA server and renderer (SD card); SMB Server (SD card); MPD player (SD Card)
- User manual download card
- Safety instructions
- Micro USB to Type-A USB cable
- Manual setup configuration pin