Moondrop Variations Tribrid IEM
Tribrid: The New Frontier of IEMs
The Moondrop Variations is an all-new tribrid IEM combining one dynamic driver, two balanced armature drivers, and two electrostatic drivers. The combined efforts of these various approaches makes for a unique and unforgettable IEM experience.
The dynamic driver provides fast-resolving bass with an ultra-thin 9um diaphragm. Two Softears balanced armatures subdivide the middle range of frequencies for top-notch realism. And two Sonion high-efficiency electrostatic tweeters provide sparkly high-end playback.
1 Dynamic driver provides fast-resolving, fully extended bass
Get fast, powerful bass with a 10mm LCP (liquid crystal diaphragm) dynamic driver. Unlike cheaper dynamic drivers whose diaphragms are too thick to overcome their own inertia, the diaphragm in the Variations is only 9um thick, resulting in fast-resolving, energetic bass with deep extension.
2 balanced armatures reproduce stunningly vivid mids
Two Softears balanced armatures do the work typically reserved for one driver. This technique of subdividing a range of frequencies allows for each driver to pay special attention to a smaller range of sound, resulting in greater detail and realism.
2 electrostatic drivers provide sparkly, realistic highs
Get sparkly high-end frequency with a Sonion high-performance dual electrostatic driver. This high-efficiency tweeter makes for a dynamic high-end experience.
Accurate phasing and excellent frequency response
Improving on the crossover design of the popular Blessing 2 IEM, the Variations uses a 3D printed precision acoustic channel combined with damping materials to achieve a system of low- and high-pass filters and circuits for ideal frequency response and accurate phasing.
Spacious and natural sound with VDSF tuning curve
Moondrop’s VDSF (Virtual Diffuse Sound Field) is a frequency tuning curve used in many of their popular headphones like the Blessing 2. It offers a spacious and realistic natural sound.
Detachable 0.78mm cable
Use the provided 6N OCC single crystal copper cable or replace it with any upgrade cable with a 0.78 dual-pin termination. Plug in to any source with one of the three provided detachable plugs (3.5mm single-ended, 2.5mm balanced, 4.4mm balanced).
- 1 dynamic driver for deep bass
- 2 balanced armatures for realistic mids
- 2 electrostatic drivers for extended treble
- 3D printed filter + RC filter frequency divider circuit
- Ergonomic fit and skin-friendly texture
- Moondrop VDSF target response tuning
- Detachable 0.78mm cable
- Frequency response: 9-40kHz (IEC61094, free field)
- Effective frequency response: 20 - 20kHz (IEC60318-4, -3dB)
- Sensitivity: 118dB/ Vrms @1kHz
- Impedance: 15.2Ω @1kHz±15%
- THD: <1% @1kHz
- Drivers: 1 dynamic driver, 2 balanced armatures, 2 electrostatic drivers
- Bass driver: 10mm LCP liquid crystal diaphragm dynamic driver
- Midrange driver: Softears D-Mid-B customized midrange balanced armature drivers
- Treble driver: Sonion high performance dual electrostatic drivers
- Cavity material: stainless steel + resin
- Moondrop Variations
- Detachable cable
- 3 terminations
- Warranty card
- Leather carrying case
- Display box
- 12 x ear tips