iFi xDSD Gryphon Portable DAC/Amp
Fantastic beasts. Here’s where you find them.
Portable DAC/amps tend focus on a great digital OR a great analogue section. But not both. The xDSD Gryphon is different. Just like its mythical namesake, it’s two beasts in one.
From the Ultra-Res digital stage using the Burr-Brown MultiBit at the core to the PureWave analogue power section pumping out 1,000mW, it takes serious headphones to tame the Gryphon.
Brilliant Bluetooth. Hi-Res Wireless.
Using the latest QCC 5100 series Bluetooth v5.1 for wireless connectivity, the xDSD Gryphon is at the bleeding-edge when it comes to the latest formats: aptX Adaptive and aptX HD, LDAC and HWA/LHDC, regular aptX and aptX Low Latency, AAC, and SBC (plain vanilla Bluetooth).
USB & S/PDIF. Wired to the nines.
In terms of wired connectivity, the xDSD Gryphon handles all formats using a hybrid Burr-Brown DAC chipset--the same used in our £3,000 flagship, the Pro iDSD Signature. Via USB it decodes PCM 768, DSD512, DXD768, and MQA. Via S/PDIF it decodes PCM192 and DoP.
Balance of Power
The xDSD Gryphon uses our PureWave amplification circuitry. It has 1,000mW at 32 Ohms. With a whopping max 6.7v output, the Gryphon won’t break a sweat driving them high impedance headphones.
Tailored to your ears
XSpace adds back the cavernous sound stage of recordings.
XBass II reinstates the missing bass from open-backed headphones or for recordings that are missing bass slam.
iEMatch – is our proprietary tech which reduces the annoying hiss from high-sensitivity headphones without losing any dynamic range.
- State of the art, ultra-res digital technology
- Three dedicated stages: Bluetooth, DAC, and amplifier
- PureWave analogue technology
- PCM 32-bit/768kHz
- Native DSD512
- Full MQA decoding
- Advanced Bluetooth 5.1
- Multi-function knob
- Wireless: Bluetooth 5.1 (aptX, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive, aptX LL, LDAC, HWA, AAC, and SBC codecs)
- Wired digital: USB-C, S/PDIF coaxial
- Wired analog: Balanced 4.4mm, Single-ended 3.5mm
- DSD: DSD512/256/128/64, Octa/Quad/Double/SIngle-Speed
- PCM: 768/705.6/384/352/192/176.4/96/88.2/48/44.1kHz
- DXD: 768/705.6/384/352.8kHz, Double/Single-speed DXD
- MQA: 384/352.8kHz
- Bluetooth: Up to 96kHz
- DAC: Burr-Brown
- Battery: USB-C charging. BC1.2 compliant up to 1900mA charging current
- Dimensions: 4.8” x 3.0” x 0.7” (123 x 75 x 19mm)
- Weight: 215g (0.5lbs)
- Line section
- Balanced: 6.7V max (variable)
- Single-ended: 3.5 max (variable)
- Output impedance
- Balanced: <200Ω
- Single-ended: 100Ω
- Balanced: <100dB @0dBFS
- Single-ended: <110dB @0dBFS
- Headphone section
- Balanced: 4.4mm pentaconn
- Single-ended: 3.5mm
- Output power
- >1000mW @32Ω
- >74mW @600Ω
- >6.7V max @600Ω
- >320mW @32Ω
- 40mW @300Ω
- >3.5V max @600Ω
- Output impedance
- Balanced: <1Ω
- Single-ended: <1Ω
- Balanced: <116dB(A) @0dBFS
- Single-ended: <115dB(A) @0dBFS
- THD+N: <0.005% (1V @ 16Ω)
- xDSD Gryphon
- Carrying pouch
- Lightning to USB-C cable
- USB-C to USB-C cable
- Mini USB to USB-B cable