Pro-Ject Audio A1 Automatic Turntable
The pinnacle of turntable design
Handmade in Germany by a traditional manufacturer with a wealth of experience in making automatic turntables, the new Pro-Ject AUTOMAT series of turntables are the new pinnacle of automatic turntable design.
The A1 has a fully-automatic start-and-stop with the automatic mechanism being completely disengaged and decoupled during the entire runtime of the record. The fully mechanical automatics are engaged when you press start, and the tonearm is automatically moved to the lead-in groove of the record. Once playing, the automatics are completely taken out of the equation and do not affect the playback quality – the free movement of the tonearm and platter – at all.
Ultra-light-mass aluminum tonearm
The A1 features an 8.3” ultra-light-mass aluminum tonearm. Together with the Ortofon OM10, the A1 exhibits extraordinarily fast response and detail in terms of transients and microdynamics.
Carbon fiber reinforced anti-magnetic headshell
The headshell is made of carbon fiber-reinforced polymer, which makes it super stable and rigid, all while keeping the weight at the lowest to work perfectly with the ultra-light-mass tonearm design. The polymer/carbon composite material results in excellent internal damping of resonances on our automatic turntable.
New feet with silicon damping
The new feet effectively decouple the turntable from the surface it is placed on using an internal silicon damping layer. This is an essential feature for every good turntable as it acts as yet another mechanism to ensure your vinyl playback is not influenced by outside interference and resonances.
- Factory installed and aligned Ortofon OM10 cartridge
- Built in, switchable phono preamp
- 8.3” aluminum low-mass tonearm
- Precise mechanics with automated start and stop
- Aluminum platter with damping ring
- Carbon fiber reinforced non-magnetic headshell
- Resonance damped chassis
- Silicon damped isolation feet
- Electronically controlled playback speeds
- Captive semi-symmetrical Connect it E phono cable
- Gold-plated male RCA connectors (amplifier end)
- Dust cover included
- Handmade in Germany
- Speed: 33, 45 (electronic speed change)
- Drive principle: belt drive, fully automatic
- Platter: damped aluminum platter
- Wow & flutter: 33: +/-0.27%; 45: +/-0.25%
- Speed drift: 33: +/-0.75%; 45: +/-0.65%
- Signal to noise: 65dB
- Tonearm: ultra-light-mass 8.3” aluminum tonearm
- Effective arm length: 211mm
- Overhang: 19.5mm
- Included accessories: 15V DC / 0.8A power supply, dust cover, 7″ single adapter, felt mat, phono cable
- Power consumption: 1.5W
- Dimensions: 430 x 130 x 365 mm (WxHxD)
- Weight: 5.6 kg net