Audeze LCD-2 Open Back Headphone
Every odyssey has a beginning
Since the release of the LCD-2 in 2009, Audeze has gone from an unknown California headphone manufacturer to a leading manufacturer of planar magnetic headphones. Although it’s seen improvements over the years, the LCD-2 retains the iconic warmth and tonal balance that have made it a customer favorite since its original release.
Fazor Phase Management
While planar magnetic headphones offer a lot of advantages over dynamic drivers, they also present their own problems. Diffraction of sound off the magnets can cause different frequencies to arrive at different times, resulting in changes of phase. And when sound waves created by multiple magnets collide, wave interference occurs (that's a bad thing).
Audeze has attempted to solve these problems with a proprietary technology called Fazor Phase Management. Fazors are triangular elements that cap each magnet. They act as guides for the sound, maneuvering waves from the drivers and preventing them from interfering with each other. The result is cleaner sound, greater resolution, and better imaging.
Fully assembled in Audeze's Orange County factory, the LCD-2 bears the fruit of hand-crafted attention in every stitch. The ear cups are made of sustainable rosewood--a material most often used in high-end acoustic guitars. The memory foam pads are deep and wide enough to accommodate nearly any ear size and shape. The suspension headband, while not too tight, provides enough clamping force to keep the headphones snugly on your head. And because these are open-back headphones, they dissipate enough heat to keep your ears from getting too toasty.
- Style: Over-ear, open-back
- Transducer type: Planar Magnetic
- Magnetic structure: Proprietary magnet array
- Phase management: Fazor
- Magnet type: Neodymium N50
- Diaphragm type: Ultra-thin
- Transducer size: 106mm
- Maximum power handling: 5W RMS
- Maximum SPL: >130dB
- Frequency response: 10 - 50,000Hz
- THD: <0.1% @ 100dB
- Impedance: 70Î©
- Sensitivity: 101 dB/1mW (at Drum Reference Point)
- Minimum power requirement: >100mW
- Recommended power level: >250mW
- Weight: 1.31lbs (595g) (Rosewood), 1.27lbs (580g) (Shedua/Bamboo)
- LCD-2 planar magnetic headphone
- 1.9m 1/4'' to dual 4-pin mini-XLR cable
- Professional travel case
- User guide and warranty card