iFi NEO iDSD
NEO iDSD Performance Edition
The NEO iDSD is iFI’s new 3-in-one DAC/amp. With balanced ‘PureWave’ circuitry, unbeatable hi-res Bluetooth5.1 and MQA, the NEO is the ultimate in hi-res playback.
All. Bases. Covered.
Enjoy the NEO iDSD as a pure DAC. Connect it to a separate integrated amp or preamp using the fixed-level analogue output. Or treat it as a DAC/preamp with a variable output. And headphone users will love using the excellent amp stage to create a fabulous ‘head-fi’ system.
The Burr-Brown DAC chipset still fuels the NEO‘s ‘digital engine’, but iFi has upgraded it up with a new 16-core, XMOS microcontroller that processes the data via USB and S/PDIF digital inputs. Double the clock-speed. Four times the memory.
The NEO iDSD supports PCM up to 32-bit/768kHz, DSD up to 512 and DXDx2. All remain ‘bit-perfect’. The NEO provides full MQA decoding to ensure the best possible sound quality.
Ride the ‘PureWave’
Not only is the NEO iDSD a purist design – no DSP, no digital filter selection and no change in analogue playback – it is also all designed around a balanced circuit design named ‘PureWave‘. It uses audiophile-grade components and delivers sonic purity thanks to the extraordinarily low levels of noise and distortion.
Power and poise
The headphone amp stage maintains an engaging balance between sonic power and poise – no matter what it’s tasked to drive. It has a continuous power output of over 1000mW into 32ohms available through the balanced headphone socket.
- Native DSD/PCM Burr-Brown® 4-channel DAC chipset.
- Extremely low THD: <0.0015 % and ultra-high SNR: >120 dB.
- Digital inputs: USB3.0 B (USB2.0 compatible)/S/PDIF (coaxial/optical)/Bluetooth 5.0.
- Analogue outputs: XLR/RCA.
- Headphone outputs: 4.4mm Balanced/6.3mm UnBAL.
- Ultra fast USB interface with 16 logic cores and up to 2000MIPS processing power
- Includes iPurifier3 and S/PDIF iPurifier2 USB noise reducers
- Digital: USB 3.0B, S-PDIF (optical/coax)
- Bluetooth 5.1
- DSD 512/256/128/64, Octa/Quad/Double/Single-Speed DSD
- DXD (768/705.6/384/352.8kHz), Double/Single-speed DXD
- PCM (768/705.6/384/352.8/192/176.4/96/88.2/48/44.1kHz)
- Bluetooth 96kHz
- Balanced XLR: 6.3V / 7.7V max, 4.4V fixed
- Unbalanced RCA: 3.2V / 3.9V max, 2.2V fixed
- Balanced: <100Ω
- Single-ended: 50Ω
- SNR: -112dB(A) @0dBFS
- DNR: >116dB(A) @-60dBFS
- THD+N: <0.0015% @0dBFS
- Headphone section
- >6.4V/68.6 mW (@ 600Ω)
- >5.77/1040 mW (@ 32Ω)
- >3.25V / 17.6 mW (@ 600Ω)
- >3V/ 295 mW (@32Ω)
- Output impedance: <1Ω
- SNR: -112dB
- THD+N: <0.0015%
- Power consumption
- No signal: 0.5W
- Max signal: 2.5W
- Dynamic range: -120dB(A)
- Input voltage: DC 5V/2.5A, AC100-240V, 50/60Hz (with iPower)
- Dimensions: 8.4 x 5.7 x 1.6” (214 x 146 x 41mm)
- Weight: 970g (2.14lbs)