Pro-Ject Audio X1 Turntable
Simplicity meets sophistication
The X1 is based on the simplicity of the vintage P1 by Pro-Ject and has been improved in every aspect thanks to modern materials and sophisticated new production methods. While the basic design philosophy remains unchanged, there are a myriad of improvements in each level of design. A sophisticated DC/AC generator board combined with the convenient speed control board delivers clean and stable power to the quietly-running motor. The motor is decoupled from the plinth via a TPE motor suspension system that isolates the motor and reduces vibration.
The X1 incorporates a carbon/aluminum composite tonearm. This 8.6” tonearm design is incredibly rigid with remarkable resistance to external interference. The composite material is fashioned into an integrated armtube & headshell so there’s no break in the signal from cartridge to tonearm output. The tonearm also provides azimuth and VTA adjustment, offering the perfect environment for a wide array of MM and MC cartridges.
Sumiko Olympia MM Phono Cartridge
The Pro-Ject factory installs and aligns the splendid Sumiko Olympia cartridge, simplifying the setup process. In action, Olympia provides superb tracking as well as a very musical and engaging presentation. Olympia not only offers a replaceable stylus but can also be easily upgraded to Moonstone without cartridge realignment. The tonearm utilizes a TPE-damped counterweight to further minimize resonance.
- Speed control with electronic speed switch for ultimate speed stability
- Carefully isolated motor for less vibration and noise
- Sub-platter with extremely low 0.001mm bearing tolerances
- Stainless steel platter-bearing with soft brass bushing and teflon mirrors for lowest rumble and noise, and a stable, accurate speed transmission
- Resonance free, 1.5 kg heavy acryl platter
- 8,6” carbon/aluminum sandwich tonearm with best internal damping and TPE damped counterweight
- Kardan ultra-low friction 4 pinpoint precision tonearm bearing
- High performance, resonance optimized Sumiko Olympia phono cartridge
- Massive and heavy, precision CNC‘d MDF chassis
- Luxurious 8 layers of painting and hand-polished finish or real-wood, satin-waxed veneer
- Super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance Pro-Ject phono cables
- Height adjustable, aluminum feet for massively reduced risk of acoustical feedback
- Handmade in Europe
- Nominal speeds: 33/45/78 r.p.m.
- Speed variance 33: ±0.30 %, 45: ±0.25 %
- Wow and flutter 33: ±0.15 %, 45: ±0.13 %
- Signal to noise: 68dB
- Effective tonearm mass: 10g
- Effective tonearm length: 8.6 ” (218.5mm)
- Overhang: 18mm
- Power consumption: 5W/ 0.3W standby mode
- Outboard power supply: 15V/ 0.8 A DC, universal power supply