Audeze LCD-5 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Audeze’s latest flagship, ⅓ the weight
For the past decade, Audeze’s LCD series has set the standard for planar magnetic headphone performance. Starting with the LCD-2 that ushered in a new era of planar technology in 2009, they then introduced the LCD-3 in 2011 and LCD-4 in 2015. With the LCD-5, everything has been improved--drivers, earpads, frame design--to set a new standard for performance and comfort.
Transparency, resolution, and speed
The LCD-5 sets a new standard for accuracy. Its drivers are engineered with Audeze’s award-winning Fluxor magnets and updated Fazor waveguides along with their new Patent-pending Parallel Uniforce™ voice coils, which employ varying width parallel traces to keep the impedance low and provide increased voltage headroom by altering the current density within each trace. The uniform force created by this optimization lowers distortion and provides better control over diaphragm movement, resulting in improved sonic resolution.
Clarity and imaging
Audeze has optimized every aspect of the LCD-5’s acoustic chamber to achieve pinpoint imaging and an extremely clean and clear soundstage. The new sculpted earpads and acoustically transparent mesh are designed to minimize reflections and resonance, while the Parallel Uniforce™ voice coil allows increased space between magnets for improved frequency response and a more open soundstage. The LCD-5 also features newly designed low-profile Fazor waveguides to further reduce diffractions and interactions within the ear.
Elegant comfortable design
Weighing in at only 420 grams, the LCD-5 offers hours of listening pleasure. Every part has been re-engineered, using materials such as magnesium, aluminum and acetate which offer light weight and high rigidity. When you put on a pair of LCD-5s, your head and ears are cradled in materials of the finest quality, like supple premium leather and carbon fiber.
Sculpted ear pads
Audeze’s new sculpted, internally sloped earpad architecture reduces unwanted resonances and interior reflections. The ergonomic design cradles your cranium and helps naturally place the headphone in the optimal listening position. The pads have less contact surface area than standard designs, thus reducing fatigue while providing a superior seal for all shapes and sizes.
Ultra high purity cable
The LCD-5 cable is specially tuned with directional OCC high-purity copper strands that provide a low capacitance and low resistance path for the signal to travel from your amp to the drivers, maintaining unsurpassed clarity and precision.
- New planar driver and magnet structure extends the frequency response
- ⅓ less weight than the LCD-4
- A new sculpted ear pad design improves the upper midrange response
- Improved structural design incorporating magnesium, acetate, and carbon-fiber
- Style: Over-ear, open-back
- Transducer type: Planar magnetic
- Magnetic structure: Fluxor magnet array
- Phase management: Fazor
- Magnet type: Neodymium N50
- Diaphragm type: Nano-Scale Parallel Uniforce
- Transducer size: 90mm
- Maximum SPL: >130dB
- Frequency response: 5Hz - 50kHz
- THD: <0.1% @100dB SPL
- Sensitivity: 90dB/1mW (at Drum Reference Point)
- Impedance: 14Ω
- Max power handling: 5W RMS
- Min recommended power: >100mW
- Recommended power level: >500mW
- Blazingly low weight: 420g
- LCD-5 headphone
- Premium braided cable with 1/4" termination
- Aluminum travel case
- Certificate of authenticity
- Warranty cards