FiiO K9 Desktop DAC/Amp
The FiiO K9 Desktop DAC/Amp is a mid-fi heavyweight. From the DAC to the amplification to the volume adjustment, every part of the K9 is truly balanced for greatly reduced crosstalk and distortion. Featuring Bluetooth 5.1, dual THX chips, and dual ESS DAC chips, it provides everything you need to enjoy extremely high-res sound files like LDAC, 32-bit/768kHz PCM, and DSD512.
Dual DAC chips for truly balanced decoding
Two ES9068AS DAC chips decode the left and right channels separately, providing a truly balanced experience. These 32-bit chips use ESS’ Hyperstream II architecture boasting high dynamic range and extremely low distortion.
High-end THX amplifier for linear sound
The signal is passed from the DAC chips to the dual THX AAA 788+ amplifier chips, which provide an extraordinary 780mW of output power at 300Ω and up to 2000mW of output power at 32Ω. Known for their low distortion, these amplifier chips serve up a clean and linear sound profile.
Enjoy the latest hi-fi Bluetooth codecs like LDAC and aptX HD thanks to the K9’s Bluetooth 5.1 chip. Faster and more stable than previous BT versions, Bluetooth 5.1 is even better at providing latency-free hi-def playback.
Partitioned design maximizes performance
The PCB of the K9 features a partitioned layout, fully separating the major sections of the audio circuit: the power supply, signals, and analog signal loop. This guarantees lower distortion and crosstalk for an altogether cleaner output signal.
Isolated digital and analog section power supply
In addition to the partitioned PCB, the power supplies are also isolated, delivering power to the analog and digital portions separately to further reduce interference.
Dual-mode clock management
Accurate and stable dual-mode clock management allows the K9 to easily play back even 32-bit/768kHz high-resolution audio with incredible fidelity.
120-step volume potentiometer
The dampened volume knob is powered by ADC curve reconstruction that allows you to precisely and smoothly adjust between 120 levels of volume, with minimal noise and volume deviation between left and right channels.
Vs the FiiO K9 Pro?
At $350 less than the K9 Pro, it’s no surprise that the FiiO K9 lacks some of the features of its pro-level sibling. Here are the features it lacks: USB Type-C input, digital filters (the K9 has 3 to the K9 Pro’s 7 digital filters), MQA rendering, and dual ES9038PRO D/A chips (the K9 features dual ES9068AS chips). The K9 also performs worse than the K9 Pro in these categories: output power, peak output voltage, and SNR performance. See the chart in the gallery for more info.
However, the FiiO K9 actually outperforms the K9 Pro in certain categories. The K9 features Bluetooth-only presets and customizable presets that the K9 Pro lacks. The K9 also supports 32-bit/768kHz PCM and DSD512, while the K9 Pro supports a maximum of 32-bit/384kHz PCM and DSD256. See the chart in the gallery for more info.
- High performance dual ES9068AS D/A chips
- THX AAA 788+ amplifier
- Dual-mode clock management
- QCC5124 Bluetooth 5.1 chip
- Hi-res Bluetooth codec support: LDAC, aptX, aptX HD
- Truly balanced architecture
- Dual-voltage linear transformer
- DAC: ES9068AS x2
- Decoding chip: XMOS XUF 208
- Amplifier: Dual THX AAA 788+
- Bluetooth chip: QCC5124 Bluetooth 5.1
- Bluetooth format support: LDAC, aptX Adaptive, aptX HD, aptX, aptX LL, AAC, SBC
- Outputs: 6.35mm, 4.4mm, XLR-4, RCA, XLR
- Inputs: USB, optical, coaxial, RCA, 4.4mm
- Output power 1: L+R ≥2000mW + 2000mW (32Ω balanced/ THD+N <1%)
- Output power 2: L+R ≥780mW + 780mW (300Ω balanced/ THD+N <1%)
- SNR: ≥124dB (A-weighted, UAC)
- Noise floor: PO <4.8uV (A-weighted, UAC); BAL <9.3uV (A-weighted, UAC)
- Output impedance: <1Ω (32Ω load)
- Weight: About 5.8lbs (2660g)
- Dimensions: 7.8” x 8.7” x 2.8” (200 x 224.5 x 72mm)
- FiiO K9
- Power cord
- Headphone plug adapter
- USB data cable
- Feet pads x6
- Quick start guide
- Voltage selection card
- Warranty card