HIFIMAN EF600 Desktop R2R DAC/Amp
"100% a Buy!" - Zeos Pantera, Instagram, CanJam NYC 2023
The world’s first DAC +Amp + Headphone stand
The unique design of the EF600 serves more than aesthetic purposes: it’s also a functional headphone stand. This space-saving feature allows you to stow your favorite pair of headphones directly on the EF600, eliminating the need for a separate headphone stand.
R2R Ladder DAC
Unlike most DACs on the market, which use “Sigma” D/A chips from companies like ESS and AKM, the EF600 uses a “ladder” method to convert the digital signal from your computer into the analog signal you hear in your headphones. This approach uses an array of highly accurate resistors for tremendous musicality.
With Bluetooth, wirelessly connect a phone, laptop, tablet, or streamer to the EF600 and enjoy hi-def codecs like LDAC, which deliver lossless sound reproduction for audiophile-grade sonics.
RCA + XLR inputs
Connect a turntable, CD or SACD player, and enjoy the EF600 as a high-performance headphone amplifier that’s fully compatible with most players via RCA and XLR.
Massive 5W per channel output power
Power will never be a problem with this DAC/Amp. Delivering 5 watts per channel @32Ω, the EF600 can drive the vast majority of low-efficiency planar headphones, including the HIFIMAN Susvara.
Balanced + S/E outputs
You’ll find four balanced outputs on the front panel: 6.35mm single-ended, 3.5mm single-ended, 4.4mm balanced, and XLR four-pin balanced.
- R2R ladder DAC
- 5 Watt per channel headphone amplifier
- Doubles as a headphone stand
- HD Bluetooth codecs including LDAC
- RCA + XLR inputs
- Multiple headphone outputs, including balanced and single-ended
- Outputs: 6.3mm single-ended, XLR four-pin balanced, dual (L/R) XLR three-pin full balanced line outputs
- Rear inputs: RCA, USB-B, and USB-C source connectors
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 118dB (weighted)
- Channel separation: 131+/-3dB
- THD+N (line out): 0.0014% (-8dB)
- Maximum power output: 5.12 Watts per channel @32 ohm balanced/1.8 Watts per channel @32 ohm
- Dimensions: 104mm/4” x 135mm/5 1/4” (top); 104mm/4” x 165mm/6 1/2” (bottom) ; 283mm/11”(height)
"I love this thing...100% a buy...I've spent weeks with it, and it hasn't left my desk." -Z Reviews
"I like this a lot. For the an R2R all-in-one it has the power, the sound, and the uniqueness. Do I recommend this? Yep." -The Honest Audiophile
"Very powerful, will handle anything you throw at it." -The Boomer Consumer