Celebrating 60 Years of Japanese Audio Design
We’re now selling the Audio-Technica ATH-W2022 Closed-Back Headphones on Apos Audio. These new signature wooden headphones are a celebration of the company’s 60th anniversary and their enduring commitment to analog audio.
The headphones are a love letter to Japanese engineering and artistry, inside and out. The housings are made of Mizume (Japanese birch) and finished with traditional urushi lacquer (a callback to their first wooden headphones, the ATH-W10VTG). The ear cups are hand painted with cherry blossoms and hou-ou phoenix designs. The arms are shaped in a way that mimics the winged slopes of Japanese temples. The headphones were entirely sourced and assembled in Japan.
If the exterior celebrates Japan’s rich artistic heritage, the interior celebrates its equally rich technological heritage. Audio-Technica specially developed and optimized the baffle-integrated 58mm drivers for this design, as well as designed a new magnet circuit that incorporates a pole and yoke structure from laminated pure iron plates, reducing back electromotive force. The diaphragm is comprised of a pure titanium center dome, pressed to a thickness of only 30 microns, resulting in unparalleled high-frequency detail.
- The very finest Audio-Technica wooden headphones – developed to commemorate their 60th anniversary
- Housings crafted from Mizume (Japanese birch) and finished with traditional urushi lacquer to deliver pure tone quality with natural reverberation
- Sakura (cherry blossom) and hou-ou phoenix designs are hand-painted on the housings using the Japanese maki-e lacquer technique
- Specially developed, baffle-integrated 58 mm drivers are optimized for closed-back headphones, delivering incredibly fast response to the input signal
- Innovative Core Mount Technology, adopted from the ATH-ADX5000, places driver unit in optimal position for improved airflow and excellent full-range audio reproduction
- Newly designed magnet circuit incorporates a pole and yoke structured from laminated pure iron plates to reduce back electromotive force (back EFM)
- The diaphragm’s center dome is made of 30-micron-thick pure titanium for exceptional reproduction of the mid-high range with excellent high-frequency characteristics as well
- Includes two detachable 3.0 m (9.8'), cloth-wrapped cables (with A2DC connectors at the headphones) made from 7N-class D.U.C.C. (Dia Ultra Crystallized Copper): one with a 6.3 mm (1/4") gold-plated stereo plug, the other with a 4-pin XLRM balanced connector
- Earpads and headband are made from deerskin for long-lasting durability and comfort
- Includes a wooden storage case constructed from Kiso cypress and white paulownia wood"
- Exclusive product: a limited number of units are available worldwide
Head on over to the Audio-Technica ATH-W2022 product page, and if you need more information please contact our dedicated Support Team via live chat online or email us at email@example.com.