Moondrop DAWN Full Balanced Mini USB DAC/Amp
The dawn of a new era
The Moondrop DAWN is a fully-balanced portable DAC/amp for use with PCs, laptops, phones, tablets, and other devices. It features audiophile-grade architecture like full-balanced decoding and stunning specs like 132dB dynamic range. This dead-simple, super portable device is the perfect addition to any traveling audiophile’s packing list.
Fully-balanced dual decoding chips
The Moondrop DAWN uses dual CS43131 high-performance DAC chips for full-balanced decoding through four channels. It supports playback types of up to DSD256 and PCM 32-bit/768kHz.
4.4mm true balanced headphone output
A 4.4mm true balanced earphone jack outputs up to 4Vrms of power, offering up to 230mW of undistorted power at 32Ω.
Equipped with a USB Type-C interface, the DAWN is compatible with current-gen devices, including Android and Apple, and can be adapted with a dongle for even more compatibility.
Aviation-grade aluminum alloy shell
Designed with an aviation-grade aluminum alloy CNC shell, the DAWN is strong in the face of drops and bumps, and shields the electronics from external electromagnetic interference.
- 132dB dynamic range
- Ultra low 0.00017% THD+N
- >117dB SNR
- PCM 32-bit/768kHz
- 230mW output
- 4.4mm fully balanced output
- Dual crystal oscillator
- Earphone jack: 4.4mm balanced
- Frequency response range: 7Hz - 90kHz (-3dB)
- Port: USB Type-C
- Background noise: 1.3uV(AES17 20kHz)
- THD+N: 0.00017% (AES17 20kHz, without load)
- SNR: 132dB (AES17 20kHz, A-weighted)
- Gain: high/low (software switching)
- Line out: 4Vrms (high), 2Vrms (low)
- Maximum output power: 230mW @32Ω, 54mW @300Ω
- Weight: 0.4oz (13.7g)
- Size: 4.7" x 0.64" (120mm x 16.4mm)