Focal Elegia Closed-Back Headphones (Apos Certified)
This is an Apos Certified product. That means it's refurbished, like new, final sale, carries an Apos Certified One-Year Warranty, and ships from our US facility. Currently, Apos Certified products are only available to customers with a US shipping address. We appreciate your understanding as we aspire to expand our offerings to a broader audience in the future.
Experience music everywhere
Enjoy an incredible listening experience in total privacy without being disturbed by your environment. In these high-end circum-aural closed-back headphones, Focal have combined the best of their technologies developed and assembled in their workshops in France. The Elegia incorporates a new generation of full-range speaker drivers capable of operating in a small inner environment while ensuring exceptional dynamics and the most precise sound reproduction. Whether it’s the motor, the frameless copper voice coil, the dedicated 110 micron surround, or the “M”-shape inverted dome, the Elegia's speaker drivers are a mass of innovation dedicated to sound purity. And when connected to portable audio players, these headphones are incredibly high-performing.
Loading a speaker driver into a “small room” makes it extremely sensitive to its environment. Focal’s 40 years of expertise and know-how led to specific work being undertaken on the vents, so as not to limit the frequency response in the low-range and thus properly manage the air flow. With the Elegia, there is no resonance to disturb the listening experience.
Exclusive speaker drivers
The Elegia is equipped with a new generation of electrodynamic transducers, which provide great elongation, at the heart of extremely dynamic sound, and a linear, extended-frequency response of 23 kHz. The geometry of the new, half-roll NBR surround guarantees a lightweight moving part that is always under control, even at the lowest frequencies and the highest volumes.
Comfort and elegance
With its well-mastered geometry, the Elegia's headband molds perfectly to the head, providing optimal grip for on-the-go use. The 20mm memory foam microfibre earpads, as well as the yoke, which also molds perfectly to the wearer’s face shape, are key contributors to the headphone's supreme comfort. Plus, they’re incredibly good-looking: noble materials such as leather, solid aluminum, and microfibre elevate the Elegia to a work of wearable art.
- High-end closed-back design for home use and on-the-go
- Exclusive full-range speaker-driver with an 'M'-shape aluminum/magnesium dome (patent pending)
- Incredible tonal balance, which is able to reproduce the subtlest sound details at both very high and very low frequencies
- Excellent performance when connected to a portable audiophile player.
- Very good ambient noise soundproofing
- Comfortable and ergonomic
- Type: Circumaural closed back headphones
- Impedance: 35 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 105 dB SPL / 1 mW @ 1 kHz
- THD: 0.1 % @ 1 kHz / 100 dB SPL
- Frequency response: 5 Hz-23 kHz
- Speaker driver: 1.57" (40 mm) 'M'-shape Aluminium/Magnesium dome
- Weight: 0.95 lbs (430 g)
- Cable provided
- 3.94 feet (1.2 m) asymmetric cable (0.14" - 3.5 mm TRS jack)
- 0.14" (3.5 mm) to 0.25" (6.35 mm) stereo jack adapter.
- Hard-shell carry case provided: 10" x 9" x 5" (250 x 240 x 120 mm)
- A 3.5mm stereo jack adapter
- A 3.5mm to 6.35mm jack adapter
- A carefully finished, hard-shell carrying case. Thermoformed in the shape of the headphones, it protects, stores and carries Elegia with peace of mind.