SMSL M500 V2 MQA DAC/Amp (Apos Certified)
The SMSL M500 V2 DAC/Amp is the latest product of the M-Series line that has been built to be the best DAC/Amp under $1000. By using top of the line ES9038PRO D/A Chip and supporting MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) technology, among other high-quality components, SMSL has stacked the M500 with specifications that rival DAC/Amps three times its price.
The M500 body is made of CNC aluminum alloy and comes with a tempered glass display panel. It is constructed to be compact and sleek so that it fits perfectly on your desk. The front consists of a 2.19 inch LG TFT LCD display, a multifunctional volume knob, and a 6.35mm output. On the rear, it has RCA and XLR outputs, along with Coaxial, USB, and optical inputs. Inputs and outputs are gold plated, with all inputs including coaxial and optical supporting DSD streaming.
The ES9038PRO D/A chip by ESS is included in the M500 along with the high-performance ES9311 power supply chip that pushes the D/A chip to the limit with its low noise levels (as low as 1uVrms). It is capable of XMOS-XU208, MQA decoding to deliver the sound of the original master recording, true 32bit audio processing, DoP and Native DSD, and reaching 32bit/768kHz and DSD512. Three high-end dual op-amps OPA1612 are also included in the M500. Finally, included is also a remote control so you can change inputs/outputs and control volume with ease.
- Certification: Japan Audio Society Hi-Res
- Inputs: USB / Optical x 2 / Coaxial
- Outputs: RCA Headphone Amplifier/ RCA /XLR
- THD+N: 0.00015%
- Dynamic range:
- XLR 125dB
- RCA: 120dB
- SNR: 120dB
- USB transmission: Asynchronization
- USB compatibility: Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10, Mac OSX10.6 or Later, Linux
- Bit depth:
- USB: 1bit, 16 ~ 32bit
- Optical/Coaxial: 1bit, 16 ~ 32bit
- Sampling Rate:
- USB PCM: 44.1 ~ 768kHz
- USB DSD: 2.8224 ~ 22.5792MHz
- Optical / Coaxial PCM: 44.1 ~ 192kHz
- Optical / Coaxial DSD: DSD64(DoP)
- Headphone Amplifier Output Power: 570mW(32Ω), 290mW(64Ω), 125mW(150Ω), 65mW(300Ω)