SMSL VMV D2 DAC (Apos Certified)
SMSL’s Flagship DAC
The VMV D2 is SMSL’s flagship DAC. Featuring an AKM AK4499EQ DAC chip, 16-core processor, and independent digital/analog power supplies, it decodes audiophile-grade files with top-of-the-line performance.
Flagship DAC Chip AKM AK4499EQ
The AKM AK4499EQ is AKM’s latest Velvet Sound Verita flagship DAC chip. Produced using the Premium Audio LSI process, this chip has incredible distortion and noise performance.
Qualcomm Bluetooth 5.0
The Qualcomm Bluetooth chip lets you use a wireless source, such as an iPhone or iPad. It supports UAT, LDAC, aptX-HD, AAC, SBC, and other encoding formats up to 24bit/192kHz.
With distortion as low as 0.000068% (-123dB) and dynamic range as high as 131dB, the SMSL VMV D2 outputs essentially nothing but pure music.
USB audio is processed by an XMOS second-gen 16-core XU216 processor that supports native DSD512 and a 32-bit/768kHz sampling rate.
Low noise, low interference circuitry
Two British NORATEL transformers independently supply power to the digital and analog processes. This eliminates interference and reduces the output noise floor as low as 1.8uVrms.
Take a load off
The SMSL VMV D2’s fully functional remote lets you sit back, relax, and have full control over the DAC’s functionality. Buttons for menu, input selection, Bluetooth mode, and more let you operate the DAC from the comfort of your couch.
With six inputs, including USB, optical, coax, I2S, Bluetooth, and AES/EBU, the SMSL VMV D2 is compatible with all of your sources. Plug in a laptop, CD player, TV, iPad, and more. Use the remote or multi-function wheel to quickly switch between them.
- Flagship AKM AK4499 DAC chip
- 0.00006% distortion
- 131dB dynamic range
- XMOS XU216 processor
- Qualcomm aptX Bluetooth chip
- Bluetooth 5.0
- LDAC HD audio
- Multi-frequency clock
- Two American Accusilicon ultra-low phase noise crystal oscillators
- Full MQA decoding
- Input: USB/Optical/Coax/I2S/Bluetooth/AES/EBU
- Output: RCA/XLR
- Clock: BNC (50Ω)
- Clock frequency: 10MHz/ 11.2896MHz/ 12.288MHz/ 16.9344MHz/ 25MHz/ 27MHz/ 33.8688MHz
- 0.000068% (-123dB)
- 0.000058% (-124dB) (A-WTD)
- Dynamic range
- XLR: 131dB
- RCA: 125dB
- SNR: 131dB
- USB transmission: Asynchronization
- USB compatibility: Windows 7/ 8/ 8.1/ 10, Mac OSX, Linux
- Bit depth
- USB/I2S: 1bit, 16-32bit
- Optical/coax/AES(EBU): 1 bit, 16-24bit
- USB/I2S Sampling rate
- PCM: 44.1 - 768kHz
- DSD: 2.8224 - 22.5792MHz
- Optical/coax/AES(EBU) sampling rate
- PCM 44.1 - 192kHz
- Bluetooth specs
- UAT: 24bit/192kHz (1200kbps/900kbps/600kbps)
- LDAC: 24bit/96kHz (990kbps/660kbps/330kbps)
- aptX-HD: 24bit/48kHz_576kbps
- aptX: 16bit/44.1kHz_352kbps
- SBC: 16bit/44.1kHz_328kHz
- AAC: 16bit/44.1kHz_320kbps
- Power consumption: <10W
- Standby power: <0.5W
- Size: 11 x 1.5 x 9.4” (280 x 39 x 240mm)
- Weight: 6.6lbs (3kg)
- SMSL VMV D2 DAC
- USB cable
- Remote control
- Bluetooth antenna
- Power cord