Audeze LCD-3 Open Back Headphone
Gorgeous, warm sound in a sophisticated package
The LCD-3 is a sophisticated open-back headphone for audiophiles seeking an endgame pair. They sound gorgeous and warm, with deep bass extension and detailed imaging. Sophisticated bass articulation provides a grippiness to intricate rhythms, while the mids are syrupy, warm, and emotive. And, of course, they possess the punchiness and speed that you can expect from a planar.
Fazor phase management
While planar magnetic headphones offer a lot of advantages over dynamic drivers, they also present their own problems. Diffraction of sound off the magnets can cause different frequencies to arrive at different times, resulting in changes of phase. And when sound waves created by multiple magnets collide, wave interference occurs (that’s a bad thing).
Audeze has attempted to solve these problems with a proprietary technology called Fazor Phase Management. Fazors are triangular elements that cap each magnet. They act as guides for the sound, maneuvering waves from the drivers and preventing them from interfering with each other. The result is cleaner sound, greater resolution, and better imaging.
Sophisticated style that accommodates any head size
The LCD-3 exudes retro edification. The earcups, made of gorgeous Zebrano wood, are precisely hand-matched by grain and color for a unique, sophisticated look. The perforated leather headband evenly distributes weight, while the metal extenders and ear cup yokes accommodate the size and shape of any head.
- Style: Over-ear, open-back
- Transducer type: Planar Magnetic
- Magnetic structure: Proprietary magnet array
- Phase management: Fazor
- Magnet type: Neodymium N50
- Diaphragm type: Ultra-thin
- Transducer size: 106mm
- Maximum power handling: 5W RMS
- Maximum SPL: >130dB
- Frequency response: 10 - 50,000Hz
- THD: <0.1% @ 100dB
- Impedance: 110Ω
- Sensitivity: 101 dB/1mW (at Drum Reference Point)
- Minimum power requirement: >100mW
- Recommended power level: >250mW
- Weight: 1.39lbs (635g)
- LCD-3 planar magnetic headphone
- 1.9m 1/4'' to dual 4-pin mini-XLR cable
- Professional travel case
- User guide and warranty card