Gustard A22 DAC (Digital-to-Analog Converter)
This is an Apos Certified product. That means it's refurbished, like new, final sale, carries an Apos Certified One-Year Warranty, and ships from our US facility. Currently, Apos Certified products are only available to customers with a US shipping address. We appreciate your understanding as we aspire to expand our offerings to a broader audience in the future.
Note: The Gustard A22 is available in Black or Silver with an option to add a built-in USB digital audio interface daughter board depending on whether you need USB input function.
The Gustard A22 DAC uses two AK4499EQs for dual mono audio digital-to-analog conversion, while the analog LPF still uses the fully discrete Class A circuit. The two-channel DAC circuits are completely independent and also independently grounded, resulting in zero interference to achieve optimal performance. The 8-channel hybrid discrete IV conversion circuit fully meets the requirements for the AK4499's large output current, and results in high sound quality from the source. Apos Audio's research shows that initial measurements for the Gustard A22 are available on Audio Science Review here.
The A22 uses high-quality parts, including the CPLD programmable logic chip, self-developed logic function digital integrated circuit, built-in clock management, 2nd PLL digital shaping, DOP demodulation, and a PCM/DSD depop switch. The digital and analog circuits each use a specially customized 50W audio dedicated toroidal transformer, which is completely independent and does not interfere with each other.
The optional built-in USB digital audio interface daughter board uses an XMOS USB audio controller, the XU208, which supports up to PCM768 DSD512. The A22 has a native fully balanced architecture without any conversion, and a complete two-channel fully balanced output. It supports high-quality digital volume adjustment and includes a remote control for easy adjustment of volume. Finally, it comes with a wide range of digital filter options with the PCM coming with six digital filters and the DSD coming with two.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.08dB
- Line Output Level:
- RCA Output Level: 3.0 Vrms @ 0 dBFS
- XLR Output Level: 6.0 Vrms @ 0 dBFS
- Digital Inputs:
- IIS, USB support PCM format: 16-32bit/44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384, 768kHz; DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DSD512
- Coaxial supports PCM format: 16-24bit / 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 384 kHz; DOP64, DOP128
- Optical, AES/EBU support PCM format: 16-24bit / 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz; DOP64
- All input interfaces support DSD
- SPDIF, AES/EBU support DSD64, DSD128 (in DOP mode)
- Optical supports DSD64 (in DOP mode)
- XLR Pin Definition: US Standard (1 ground, 2 hot, 3 cold)
- Product Dimensions: 330 x 260 x 65 mm (l x w x h) - without protruding parts
- Voltage: AC 100V - 240V (requires manual adjustment)