Meze Audio 109 PRO Primal Dynamic Open-Back Headphone
Note: This is a limited edition headphone from Meze Audio. Limited quantities are available and orders will be shipped as Meze ships us the units. To see exactly what is included in the package, please refer to the 109 PRO page here.
The Harmony of Craftsmanship and Technology
Meet the Meze 109 PRO Primal—a special edition of the 109 Pro that brings you a marriage of masterful craftsmanship and top-tier audio engineering. Designed with hand-carved walnut earcups and featuring Meze’s exclusive 109 series Dual Membrane Diaphragm, these headphones are a testament to both time-honored tradition and cutting-edge innovation.
Craftsmanship in every cup
Each pair showcases exquisitely hand-carved earcups—chiseled groove by groove and then delicately sanded. A coat of linseed oil finishes the process, sealing the wood's natural, matte texture and highlighting the captivating color and grain.
It's what's inside that counts: Dual Membrane Diaphragm
In order to meet the acoustic goals set for the 109 PRO, Meze focused their R&D efforts on materials research, looking for the perfect balance between diaphragm mass and stiffness that would maximize the sonic abilities of the headphone. Their search led to developing the 109 series Dual Membrane Diaphragm—a combination of Beryllium-coated polymer, cellulose, carbon fiber composite, and copper-zinc alloy.
Versatility you can count on
What's the point of owning a masterpiece if it only works in a gallery? At only 40Ω of impedance, the 109 PRO Primal is easy to drive from a range of audio sources—from your smartphone to complete home audio setups.
Carbon fiber headband, dark walnut wood earcups, zinc and manganese steel components, and vegan leather headband—luxurious materials that are light on your head but heavy on durability. Plus, the soft velour earpads ensure that your ears stay cozy through binge-listening sessions.
Designed for the long haul
Worried about those long listening sessions when time just seems to slip away? Thanks to lightweight materials like carbon fiber and vegan leather, these headphones weigh just ~375 g (13 oz) without cables. That ensures the Meze 109 PRO Primal remains comfortable even when the clock strikes midnight.
- Special edition with hand-carved walnut earcups
- Dynamic open-back circumaural design
- Dual Membrane Diaphragm featuring a blend of advanced materials
- Compatible with multiple audio sources
- Durable structure using high-quality materials like carbon fiber and vegan leather
- Comfortable for extended use
- Transducer Size: 50mm
- Frequency Response: 5Hz – 30KHz
- Sensitivity: 112 dB SPL at 1 KHz, 1 mW
- Impedance: 40Ω
- Earcups: Walnut Wood
- Headphone termination: 3.5 mm TRS jack
- Weight: ~375 g (13 oz) without cables
- Hard EVA pouch
- 6.3 mm gold-plated jack adapter
- Mono 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm (1/8 in), 1.5 m (4.9 ft) soft TPE cable with black aluminum casings
- Mono 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm (1/8 in), 3 m (9.8 ft) soft TPE cable with black aluminum casings
- Shrink-wrapped hardcover box, dimensions: 24.5 x 28 x 13.5 cm, total weight: ~1800 g (63.5 oz)