Moondrop MoonRiver 2 DAC/Amp
Unfortunately, this product has reached its end of life. Luckily, we've got a great alternative in the Moondrop River 2 TI.
A flagship that’s a fraction of the size
The goal of portable audio is to pack the greatest performance into the smallest size, and in this respect the MoonRiver 2 DAC/Amp is a bona fide champ. While it boasts features and specs that are usually only seen in desktop products, its greatest asset might be its performance-to-price ratio.
The MoonRiver 2 has no problem processing high-resolution file formats, whether it’s CD lossless 16-bit/44.1kHz, master-level 24-bit/192kHz, or pro-level 32-bit/384kHz. It can even handle DSD256 from an ultra-high-def audio source. For the MoonRiver 2, it’s all a cinch.
Premier high-end DAC chips
The MoonRiver 2 uses dual flagship CS43198 decoder chips from world-renowned Cirrus Logic, creating a digital-to-analog conversion experience that is beyond expectation.
4Vrms of balanced output
The MoonRiver 2 combines two high-performance dual-op amp chips for a four-channel circuit. In plain English, that spells a jaw-dropping amount of power for a portable: 4Vrms. Power like that can drive even flagship full-sized 300Ω headphones.
The ultimate in portable performance
The MoonRiver 2 opens a new chapter of portable device capabilities with specs that rival desktop units. It boasts a dynamic range of 131dB, THD+N of 0.0001%, and SNR of 116dB.
Dual headphone outputs
The MoonRiver 2’s dual headphone outputs support both 3.5mm single-ended and 4.4mm balanced headphones.
- Dual Cirrus Logic CS43198 DAC chips
- Two dual-op amp chips
- 4Vrms of output power
- 131dB DNR
- 116dB SNR
- 0.0001% THD+N
- Dual headphone outputs support 3.5mm and 4.4mm balanced
- USB Type-C
- Lightweight aluminum alloy body
- DAC chip: CS43198 x2
- Amp chip: Dual-op amp chip x2
- Maximum supported playback: 32-bit/384kHz, DSD256
- Outputs: 3.5mm single-ended, 4.4mm balanced
- Frequency range: 6Hz - 85kHz (±1dB)
- USB interface: USB Type-C
- Background noise
- 4.4mm: 1.5uV
- 3.5mm: 1.2uV
- 4.4mm: 4Vrms 0.00013% @300Ω
- 3.5mm: 2Vrms 0.0008% @32Ω
- 4.4mm: 131dB
- 3.5mm: 123dB
- Firmware upgrade: supported
- Line out
- 4.4mm: 4Vrms (high), 2.8Vrms (low)
- 3.5mm: 2Vrms (high), 1.4Vrms (low)
- Moondrop MoonRiver 2 DAC/Amp
- USB Type-C cable x1
- USB Type-A Cable x1
- Manual x1