Moondrop Venus Flagship Full-Size Planar Magnetic Headphone
Reach for the moon
Moondrop has ventured beyond their budget-conscious roots with the Venus, their first full-size planar magnetic headphone. Featuring 36 N52 magnets, a pure silver printed circuit, and a 2 micron-thick 100mm diaphragm, this is a full-size headphone that reaches for the moon.
To deliver the strongest dynamics and finest details, the Venus uses a 100mm diaphragm with a thickness of only 2 microns, and a pure silver printed circuit.
Aluminum alloy CNC diaphragm structure
A lightweight aluminum alloy CNC diaphragm structure makes it possible to lay 36 large N52 magnets across the diaphragm without causing undue stress or uncomfortably increasing the overall weight of the headphone.
By using rounded caps on the ends of the magnets, the Venus is able to prevent high-frequency sound waves from overlapping and becoming overemphasized during playback. The result is a naturally smooth and linear sound profile.
Interchangeable 3.5mm cable design
Quickly and easily swap out headphone cables using the interchangeable 3.5mm cable design.
FEA-optimized magnet array
Moondrop took the guesswork out of designing the Venus’ N52 magnet array by using FEA (finite element analysis) computer modeling. With this technology, they were able to evenly distribute the magnetic field parallel to the diaphragm, reduce split vibration, and reduce vibration nonlinearity.
- 100mm sub-nanometer diaphragm
- Pure silver etched circuit
- N52 magnet array optimized by FEA (Finite Element Analysis)
- Integrated driver-cavity structure
- Combined high frequency waveguide phase equalization technology
- Secondary diaphragm stress balance technology
- Aviation-grade aluminum alloy CNC
- Self-adjusting headband
- Interchangeable cable design
- Type: Planar magnetic
- Headphone jacks: 3.5mm
- 3.5mm single-ended plug
- 4.4mm balanced plug
- Frequency response: 6Hz - 80kHz
- Effective frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 100dB/Vrms @1kHz
- Impedance: 18Ω ± 15% (@1kHz)