Pro-Ject Audio X2 Turntable
Taking vinyl to new heights
X2 was designed to take your analog reproduction to new heights by building on principles already in practice within the Pro-Ject lineup.
Plinth & Tonearm
Structurally, the Pro-Ject X2 is supported by its large, dense, and stiff MDF plinth, which reduces unwanted resonance to almost imperceptible levels. The X2 is quiet as can be, allowing playback to become more detailed and dynamic.
The tonearm is longer (9″ as opposed to 8.6″ on X1) and the tube has a wider-diameter carbon/aluminum composite construction that results in improved internal damping.This also means that the entire tonearm bearing is upgraded to compensate for additional mass, so tracking is more precise, stable, and accurate.
Motor & Suspension
The X2’s motor already operates at near-silent levels, but to minimize potentially harmful resonance the motor is suspended on resonance-absorbing TPE. This isolates the motor and allows it to run stably and to a greater degree of precision.
The remaining vibrations are damped and eliminated so they are not transmitted to the chassis, platter, tonearm nor cartridge via addition TPE damping; the motor chassis is carefully balanced and suspended on a precision-tuned TPE isolator, effectively decoupling it from the main plinth.
Sumiko Moonstone MM Phono Cartridge
The Pro-Ject X2 is supplied with a factory-mounted and aligned Sumiko Moonstone cartridge. Exceptionally well-balanced and capable of breathtaking dynamics, Moonstone is the perfect cartridge to top off this package. As a bonus, the stylus is user-replaceable so there’s no need to embark down the path of cartridge mounting unless it’s your preference. Multiple stylus replacements are available for Moonstone, including RS 78 for 78rpm shellac discs (see below).
- Electronic speed control with 33/45 rpm speed change, which acts as “Speed Box” with ultimate speed stability
- Electronically regulated precision motor with improved damping construction for the least amount of vibration and noise
- Sub-platter with extremely low 0.001mm bearing tolerances
- Stainless steel platter-bearing with soft bronze bushing and teflon mirrors for lowest rumble and noise and stable, accurate speed transmission
- 9” one-piece tonearm tube with best internal damping via the ultra rigid carbon/alu sandwich construction
- TPE damped counterweight reduces arm-cartridge resonances by 50%
- Azimuth and VTA adjustment
- High-performance, resonance-optimized Sumiko Moonstone phono cartridge
- Resonance free, 2 kg heavy acryl platter
- Heavy, 50mm thick, highest quality CNC‘d MDF chassis
- Luxury 8 layers of painting and hand-polished finish or real-wood, satin-waxed veneer
- Super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance phono cables – purpose designed by Pro-Ject
- Height adjustable, alu machined, vibration absorbing feet
- Handmade in Europe
- Nominal speeds: 33/45/78 r.p.m.
- Speed variance 33: ±0.25 %, 45: ±0.20 %
- Wow and flutter 33: ±0.12 %, 45: ±0.10 %
- Signal to noise: 70dB
- Effective tonearm mass: 13.5g
- Effective tonearm length: 9 ” (230mm)
- Overhang: 18mm
- Power consumption: 5W/ 0.3W standby mode
- Outboard power supply: 15V/ 0.8 A DC, universal power supply